Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Journal 7 PLN/NETS-T V


My personal learning network is a web based feature that is small for right now but something I plan to work on from here on out. I plan to create relationships with others all around the world that share the same interests, ideas, and creativity that I do to help with my future students. My PLN can include an array of people (educators) or from websites such as my delicious/blogger accounts. Having a variety of educators will help with many aspects such as diversity, differentiation, creativity, ideas, and resources to learn from. A bonus into having a PLN is that it is very easy to access, I can communicate with others, anywhere, anytime, and be up to date with the in’s and out’s of education.
            Twitter is one of the newest ways to communicate these days, and is growing everyday. Twitter can provide a great deal of information, from something such as education or maybe you just have a general education, you have a pretty good chance at finding it through Twitter. My current network is again small but a work in progress, most of the people that I am following share something in common, education. I also currently have some of my fellow classmates on their, I think this is very useful because we can always keep in touch and learn from each other from any experiences we may face, or just share any ideas that come to mind.
            Delicious I find is one of the BEST tools out their, and something that is very important to include in my PLN. My delicious already includes: WikiSpaces, Cool Tools for Schools, Lesson Plan Page, Multicultural Education, and many more. They are all great sites or resources that as a future educator I can use to reference back to when I need help with a certain subject in the classroom, or even just save so that anyone that I am connected to can use as well. Multicultural Education helps teachers to learn about being more open to the different cultures we will see in the classroom. Lesson Plan Page is where an educator can go and get some ideas about many lessons, just in case they ever hit this road block and can’t think of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment